Saturday, December 29, 2007
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Unfortunately, I have a Mean Grinch in my life. I have been debating weather or not I should post this message or not. But, I needed to vent and get this off my chest. I think I am a pretty generous person and I try to help out people. Well, some person or persons have decided to help themselves to a lot of my craft supplies, books, fabrics, paints, and antiques. My family and I relocated to Central Ohio about a year ago. We had our home built in a rural area because we wanted more land to do more things with the family. And the area is suppose to be a great place to raise your family. Well since we have moved here someone has been coming in and stealing my things. Now, this isn't your typical thief that comes in and leaves your home in chaos. Things aren'tdisorganized and out of place. As if they didn't want you to know they were there. But, until you start to go into boxes and drawers you notice things are gone. It is very strange and very disturbing. So of course I filed a police report the officer thought I was strange to file a report about a burglar who steals crafts and leaves other valuables like televisions and electronics unharmed. But this is really happening.
So, in the summer we got a security system installed and I thought my troubles were over but I continued to found things disappearing or fabrics that I know I had several yards of dwindle down to nearly nothing. So, I don't know what to do. Somehow this Grinch is bypassing the alarm but I don't know how. If anyone out there knows about security systems email for some suggestions. I will have to figure out what to do. I hate to falsely accuse anyone of doing this but I am starting to think it may be someone in our subdivision. Because where our home is located everyone knows when you leave and come back. I am thankful that my family is okay but I a sick and tired of this person or persons violating my home and stealing all of my stuff.
If anyone has any suggestions for me please email me privately and let me know. I hate to talk about this with everyone but I had to vent and get this out. I want this Grinch to see their evil ways and stop stealing.
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
I figured I better get this done because it has be awhile since I received my first tag from Viv's Whimsy. I apologize for my delay in responding to your email. I finally had a opportunity to visit everyone and I noticed I was tagged by a few others The Polka Dot Pixie and Sadie Lou Who of Craftilyeverafter. Okay ladies here are 5 random things about me:
1. Growing up I had a weird taste palette. I would combine some weird things together to snack on. I would take wonder bread and pour sugar or syrup on them and eat as a sandwich. Yummy Yummy. I would sometimes add peanut butter too. Another favorite of mine was "wish sandwiches" I would just eat mayo and bread and wish I had some meat inside. ha, ha, ha I know it was weird, but I thought they were quite delicious.
2. I love music a lot. So growing up I would collect posters and buttons of my favorite singers. I had over 500 posters and buttons. My walls were covered in posters and I would wear my buttons on my jacket and jeans. I thought I was sooo coool. : ) Each jacket would be dedicated to a different singer. for example Michael Jackson, Boy George, Wham!!, New Editions, Cyndi Lauper and Prince. Just to name a few. I also liked big band music and Motown classics. So, I was all over the board. I think my mom played alot of oldies but goodies when she was pregnant with me because I just love listening to them.
3. Being a latch-key kid and only child, I loved to watch television a lot and read books. And like the Polka Dot Dixie. I would make sure I would rush home from school to watch the little rascals; Alfalfa and Darla were fun! But, I loved Spanky. Land of the Lost was another favorite of mine. Don't know if you remember the show. but it was sort of like the Robinsons' but in prehistoric time.
4. I love to go horseback riding. Growing up my mom would take me riding all the time. A few summers I spend at a horseback riding camp which was so much fun!!
5. Okay, the big five, ummm...what can I say? Oh! I know, I am a big fan of retro arcade games. I miss going to our corner store to play video games with my friends. I must say, I was not a girly girl. More of a tom boy. But, I did like to wear a dress now and then : ). Any whoo back to the games. My favorite games were Centipede and Pac Man and honorable mention Donkey Kong.
I know I am a big kid at heart. I would still do all of these things except for the sugar sandwiches. Ha Ha Ha!!
Okay let me know what you think : ) All right I need to tag a few people. Let me see
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Just a few more weeks before Christmas is here. It is finally starting to feel like Christmas here. We got about 4 inches of snow and we are due to get more today. I will be hibernating this weekend. (lol)
Well I just wanted to pop in and tell you all about this great blog called Lemoncholy's Flight of Fancy. I just love Kecia's wonderful creations. Kecia describes her creations as "Junkology"; She turns reused discards into works of art. You can find things from collages, necklaces, charms and more My favorite are her Cworky necklaces* please check out her blog at: http://lemoncholys.blogspot.com/
also check out her flickr photo site at: www.flickr.com/photos/lemoncholys
This is a photo of the sweet Cworky I received.
I also received some wonderful candy containers from my friend Terri Brush. I love the fun colors and the glitter that she adds to her pieces. Very fun. She also included a lovely surprise charm necklace for me. Which was very sweet of her. Thanks Terri.
Here are a few photos
I will talk to you soon.
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Now this next shop we visited was quite grand as well. It had alot of glittery things which I love and trendy clothes and home decor. The name of the shop is "Panache" You can find vintage, antiques, and glittery surprises in the shop. Mostly handmade pieces and some imports. After speaking with the owner, Cheryl Herman she imformed me that she attend many different gift shows around the world to make her shop so unique. And it shows. Take a look at a few photos
Monday, December 3, 2007
Can you believe it. We only have a few more weeks before Christmas. This year has gone by so quickly. I haven't started my Holiday shopping yet. AGGHHH! I better get my butt in gear. You know that saying so much to do and so little time. That is how I feel this month.
What do you think of my new banner. I love it!! It was created for me by the talented Kris Hurst of Blissfull Elements. She does awesome work. She is also creating a banner for my website too. She also has some great holiday CD's you can purchase. These CD's have vintage images I am sure you will just love. Check out her blog when you have a free moment.
I was so thrilled when I got the mail last week. I am usually a bit excited when I get the mail. I don't know why. I guess I am always expecting some goodies in the mail. Well, I received a few great things last week. I got my awesome santa from The Polka Dot Pixie. I think it is just adorable. I also recieved my lovely tiara from Tina of Glittered Crowns. I love her work. It is just wonderful. In 2005 she opened a gift store in Nevada City California called My Favorite Things-creative gifts and treasures. http://www.myfavoritethingsnc.com/ She spends most of her time crafting and glittering items for my shop during my daughters nap times! Be sure to check out her website at http://www.myfavoritethingsnc.com/ Also my dear friend Sylvia Anderson sent me some lovely beads. She is such a sweetheart.